Machine Learning Engineer – 1560847
Founding Machine Learning Engineer
United States or Europe remote
Base to $250,000 plus equity
As a software developer, you don’t want to have to work through an endless backlog of technical debt. It can have a huge impact on productivity which ultimately effects team morale.
Our startup client is building an automated tool that simplifies code migrations and dependency upgrades. And we are helping to build out their engineering team to drive the product roadmap and reach key project milestones. As the first machine learning hire, you will take full responsibility for building the foundational ML infrastructure and will experiment with fine-tuning existing models and building custom models to solve some of the key problems faced.
If you are someone who likes to tinker and conduct deep research and love to see your ideas turn into real products, this is a great opportunity to have ownership over the product roadmap.
- Explore viable methods for applying machine learning to address practical business challenges.
- Devise tactics for constructing a robust ML framework to facilitate tasks such as model creation (including training, validation, and tuning) as well as model deployment.
- Convert theoretical concepts into tangible products: comprehend ideas presented in research papers and restructure research-oriented code into high-quality machine learning code capable of enhancing the product’s user experiences.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience with at least 2 years of applied machine learning experience
- Execution-driven mindset: you love shipping.
- Comfortable working on low-structure environments and navigating unknown unknowns.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a well funded Seed stage business building a founding team ($7 million funding)
- Build a product that will have a positive impact on the lives of fellow developers
- Get significant equity and have a direct impact on the future of the product
- Have the opportunity to continually expand your skillset and learn new techniques on the cutting edge of research in programming languages and ML
- Work with a highly talented founding team from Google
- Base up to $250k depending upon experience
- Work in person resulting in true collaboration