Senior Open Source Developer – 1750378
Senior backend developer working on open source tools
United States or Europe remote
Base to $250k plus equity
Do you want to be a part of a team that is transforming the way ML professionals navigate and manage their workflows, fostering innovation, efficiency, and excellence. They have already created tools that facilitate Machine Learning (ML) and Data Science workflows. One of their widely recognised products is an open-source version control system for ML projects, used to track the changes in data, code, and ML models, allowing for the reproducibility of experiments and facilitating collaboration among team members in ML projects.
We’re now seeking a strong python backend engineer to work closely with the CTO across the backend of all of their open source tools.
Strong Python knowledge, code design, some full-stack abilities and excellent coding culture (standards, unit test, etc) are required. We are looking for someone who loves dev tools, ML and MLOps and is ready to be 100% hands-on and lead by doing!
- Discuss and research issues, bugs and new features.
- Take ownership of the full development lifecycle – From planning, through designing, execution, testing to supporting in production
- Be 100% hands-on – we expect technical expertise on the backend and some full stack ability and involvement in the frontend (react, typescript) to be able to be effective
- Document your code and share knowledge with the team
Strong Python knowledge and excellent coding culture (standards, unit test, automation, etc) are required. Alternatively, strong skills in other languages along with some knowledge of Python is also acceptable.
- Motivation and interest (Technologies, domain, customer impact)
- Love for clean & efficient code
- Remote work self-discipline – ability to focus and deliver reliably – respect team’s planning, deadlines, etc
- Excellent communication skills – clear, constructive, and respectful dialog with other team members, community
- Technical Leadership – hands-on technical leadership, experience in lead by doing, driving big features and architectural decisions. Contributing to the team’s growth and enriching other team members with your knowledge and experience
- Strong open source contributions and active online presence